Neutral Plus Glazing
Windows that help to heat your property
Not all double glazing units are created equal. A poorly fitted budget unit offers limited performance and will typically fail within 5-10 years. Replacing such a unit normally involves replacing the frames as well, as budget hinges, seals and drains typically fail early too. Replacing a frame adds to the cost both financially and environmentally, so our aim is to refurbish the units you already have and upgrade the glass to the best available. Our combination of Planitherm A-rated glass, Argon gas filling, heat, sunlight and/or sound reflective coatings and warm edge spacers all contribute to provide unbeatable ‘neutral plus’ glazing, i.e. a window with a negative u-value that actually helps to heat your home.
PLANITHERM is Europe’s best selling high performance low-emissivity glass, incorporating the very latest advancements in thermally insulating coating technology. With its transparent, invisible metallic coating PLANITHERM captures free energy from natural daylight, allowing it to pass through the glass to help warm the home. At the same time the coating reﬂects heat generated in the home back into the room, rather than allowing it to escape through windows
PLANITHERM benefits include:
- Compatible with virtually any new or existing window frame
- Achieves a Window Energy Rating (WER) of C, which is compliant with Building Regulations Part L. In most cases, a window with PLANITHERM glass will achieve the highest WERs of A or A+
- Maximises the amount of natural light into the home, without the haze or tint effects associated with older double glazed windows
- Helps to virtually eliminate internal condensation, reducing draughts and cold spots in and around the windows
To compliment the smart glass Solarcrest offer the following optional extras:
- Sunlight, heat and/or sound reflective coatings
- Self cleaning glass - ideal for conservatories, roof lights or Velux upgrades
- Aquaseal warm edge spacers - water & UV resistant
- Security and safety glass
- Double or triple glazing units with Argon filling
- A 20 year product guarantee
- Planitherm approved installers
Solarcrect offer a window refurbishment service to complete your eco-retrofit. If your existing timber, UPVC or Aluminium frames are in reasonable condition Solarcrest will renew the seals, drains and hinges while fitting the new improved glazing. If they’re not we can source and fit any frames that need modernising, from authentic sliding sash to ultra modern power coated Aluminium. To explore the options please complete our questionnaire.
“Solarcrest recognise that more heat is lost through the walls, roof and 'natural ventilation', i.e. air leaks in the building fabric, which is why we prioritise these areas. Despite popular opinion, renewing the windows in isolation is not the best use of your budget in terms of energy saved per pound spent. As a rule we're not double glazing salesmen, but while the scaffolding is up why not fix the windows too?"
Rick Marlow, Retrofit manager